LOS ANGELES FEDERATION OF SENIOR CITIZEN CLUBS
FUNCTION OF THE SENIOR CITIZEN SECTION
- Provides support and encouragement to all senior citizen clubs through the Los Angeles Federation of Senior Citizen Clubs
- Senior Citizen Nutrition Program
- Citywide Senior Special Events
- Two Multipurpose Senior Citizen Centers
- 30 Senior Citizen Centers
HOW TO START A SENIOR CITIZEN CLUB WITH THE FEDERATION
The Senior Citizen Section coordinates training and provides support services for senior citizen centers and recreation centers in Los Angeles. The staff of the Senior Citizen Section hopes that you will find the information helpful.
If an interest group of compatible people wish to expand their horizons and form a club, they need to:
- Elect a temporary president
- Secure a meeting place (sometimes available through Recreation & Parks Department)
- Contact the Senior Citizen Section for information regarding structure, suggested by-laws, flyers, etc.
- Discuss within the group the advantages and benefits of becoming a Federation Club
- Nominated and elected officers review decisions and vote on whether or not to become Federation Club
- Fill out application and return to the Senior Citizen Section along with a copy of by-laws
THE PURPOSE OF SENIOR CITIZEN CLUBS
To provide opportunity for participation in the wholesome recreational activities of the community.
- To provide intellectual growth, Cultural development and service to the community
- To provide opportunities for sociability and friendships
- To stimulate a spirit of mutual helpfulness and loyalty among its members
- To inform members on current legislative issues that are of concern to the elderly
THE PURPOSE OF SENIOR CITIZEN CLUB RULES
- To observe orderly procedures
- To protect the rights of the minority
- To express the will of the majority
FEDERATION OF SENIOR CITIZEN CLUBS A NON-PARTISAN ORGANIZATION
- Area Federation Presidents (6)
- Immediate Past Area Federation Presidents (6)
- City-wide Legislative Issues Chairperson
- Immediate Past Federation Council President
- Ex-Officio: Supervisor of the Senior Citizen Section
- Department of Recreation & Parks
|Elected Officers||Appointed Officers|
COUNCIL MONTHLY MEETINGS:
Provides guidance and leadership to all clubs in the Federation.
Actively researches issues that will affect the lives of senior citizens.
Takes action to support or reject bills from city, state, nation; informs individual clubs on above.